The Performing Arts Crew (PAC) is responsible for all performances and youth activities at This is the Place Heritage Park. As a crew member, you will take part in skits, songs, and dance; rescue the damsel in distress, rob the bank, try your hand selling Quackenbush’s Miracle Tonic; and teach our guests to dance in the Virginia Reel and Patty Cake Polka. Showcase the “authentic” fun of pioneer-era Utah!
Members of PAC become leaders in our Youth Programs. They will walk in the pioneers’ footsteps with guests on treks, share the stories of real life pioneers, convey the personal strength guests can achieve with team building exercises, and have fun explaining courtship of the 1860s compared to our modern society. Our goal is to provide a fun, memorable, and educational experience for our guests.
PAC will not only be responsible for entertainment in the village daily but also for providing excellent customer service in all interactions with guests. This will include staffing other sites in the village such as greeting guests at Eagle Gate and teaching lessons at the schoolhouse. All positions are paid hourly up to $15/hour.
- Daily Street Entertainment
- Youth Program Guide/Leader
- Day Trek
- Networking Socially
- Eagle Gate
- School Teacher
- Auditions held 9 & 10 February 2024
- Callback interviews on 17 February
- Rehearsals run Saturdays from 9 March – 25 May
- Wednesday rehearsals added from 8 – 29 May
- All rehearsals paid
- Summer season 27 May – 31 August 2024
- Most shifts run Mondays through Saturdays from 9.30am-5pm
- Held at This is the Place Heritage Park (2100 E Sunnyside Ave, SLC, UT 84108)
- Prepare 16 bars of a Broadway or folk-style song
- If experienced on a folk instrument, prepare 16 bars of a folk piece
- Read a side of a pioneer-era character
- Learn and perform a short dance sequence
- Sign-up and find more information on auditions here
Questions? Send them to Jordan Davis, Performing Arts Supervisor: firstname.lastname@example.org