Auditions for the Sandy Arts Guild’s production of Disney’s Descendants: The Musical are on January 3 and 5. Callbacks are by invitation the afternoon of Saturday, January 7. Rehearsals are on selected weeknights from 7:00-9:00 pm and Saturday mornings from 9 am to 1 pm. The show runs March 23-25. Briana Chipman is the director, music direction is by Eric Richards and choreography by Lori Breeze.
Needed are boys and girls currently in the 5th – 12th grade. All parts are open. We are in particular need of young men.
Please be prepared with the following at auditions:
- Sixteen bars of music from a Broadway musical in a style similar to the show. Please bring music properly marked with starting and ending points. An accompanist will be available. Minus tracks (music without lyrics) are accepted, but sheet music is preferred. If a minus track is used, it needs to be on a device that will plug into a standard aux cord or headphone jack. Please, no CDs. No a cappella, please.
- Be prepared to perform the dance combination demonstrated in this video – click here.
- List of conflicts from January 7 through March 25
- Current photo
Auditions will be held at the Sandy Parks and Recreation Building, 440 East 8680 South. Reserved audition times are highly recommended. To reserve an audition time click here. Download an audition form – click here. Character descriptions are available by clicking here. Click here for audition tips. All information is available by going to www.sandyarts.com.
- There is a $70 fee for those cast in the show.
- There are two performances on Saturday, March 25. You will be called from 2-9 pm.
- Parents of youth cast in the show are required to serve on a committee AND help with supervision at rehearsals and performances.
- An adult is required to attend the cast meeting the morning of Saturday, January 28.
Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.